As Poland celebrates the 25th anniversary of transitioning from total state control to free markets and democracy, it is clear that the country has undergone an extraordinary transformation, developing into one of Europe’s most dynamic and fastest growing economies. It has also been 10 years since Poland joined the European Union, and therefore timely to reflect on how Poland’s regulatory policy-making has evolved and impacted enterprise development and competitiveness.
In relation to this, members and friends of the Chicago – based Polish American Chamber of Commerce, continue to take a special and growing interest in government – investor and government – entrepreneur interaction and communication, particularly from a comparative US – Poland perspective.
For an engaging discussion on this subject, please join us for a luncheon session featuring Mariusz Haladyj, Deputy Minister and Undersecretary of State in Poland’s Ministry of Economyand a panel of US and Polish business and government experts moderated by Miller Canfield Principal Michael Traison, which will include:
– Lucas Fuksa, Founding Partner at Fuksa Khorshid LLC
and President of PAL-PAC;
– Grzegorz Lang, Director of Economic Policy
Development at Poland’s Ministry of Economy;
– Rom Poplawski, President of US Global Energy LLC;
– Richard Walawender, Miller Canfield Senior Principal;
– and others.
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
11:30 am – 2:00 pm
Location: The Standard Club
320 S. Plymouth Court
Participants will have an excellent opportunity to hear and discuss insights with regard to the following topics:
• The regulatory environment and competitiveness of enterprises;
• Effective strategies of corporate – government interaction and communication;
• Minimizing administrative burdens, legal barriers, and regulatory compliance cost reduction;
• Methods of conflict resolution;
• The potential regulatory impact and benefits of TTIP; and
• Update on especially hot sectors and opportunities, including energy, IT, outsourcing, and manufacturing.
Lunch and refreshments will be served
Please RSVP now
Contact the PACC office to reserve your place (limited space/RSVP required) by June 12, 2014, if you choose to pay at the door. Also, please don’t hesitate to let us know if you would like to sponsor the event:
or [email protected]