NEW YORK (May 14, 2007) – Starting today, Major League Soccer fans can select the 11 players they would like to see take on English Premier League club West Ham United FC in the 2008 Pepsi MLS All-Star Game. Official online voting to select the MLS All-Star First XI is now open at the league’s official Web site www.mlsnet.com. The 13th annual MLS midsummer showcase will bring together Major League Soccer’s best for a marquee matchup on
Fans can vote for the All-Star First XI online at www.mlsnet.com by selecting one goalkeeper, three defenders, five midfielders, and two forwards. Fans can vote up to 10 times per day. The online fan balloting program, which concludes on Wednesday, July 2, will comprise 25 percent of the total vote for the All-Star First XI, with coaches and general managers, players, and media each holding 25 percent of the vote to combine for the remaining 75 percent.